Saturday 3 February 2018

Book Review: It Started With A Tweet' by Anna Bell




Synopsis:
Daisy Hobson lives her whole life online. But when her social media obsession causes her to make a catastrophic mistake at work, Daisy finds her life going into free-fall . . . 

Her sister Rosie thinks she has the answer to all of Daisy's problems - a digital detox in a remote cottage in Cumbria. Soon, too, Daisy meets a welcome distraction there in Jack, the rugged man-next-door.

But can Daisy, a London girl, ever really settle into life in a tiny, isolated village? 

And, more importantly, can she survive without her phone? 


My Review!
I really enjoyed this book, I have read quite a few of Anna Bell's books and they are always a joy to read, perfect for holidays! (Awww holidays... is it Summer yet?!)

This book is right up my street as like the main character Daisy I am ALWAYS on my phone, checking my Instagram feed like it's the morning paper! 

Daisy a 30 year old Marketing Manager living with her friend, Erica in London is obsessed with every type of social media going, she lives her life through her twitter page and trying to find 'The One' through Tinder or even LinkedIn!

Part of Daisy's job is looking after her company's Twitter page and like the synopsis states her social media obsession is the cause of her getting fired so you can imagine what happened! Whoops! After another disastrous date she overhears a conversation between Erica and her boyfriend wanting more space and wanting Daisy to move out.

So after being jobless and most probably homeless her sister Rosie comes to her rescue when she suggests that Daisy needs time out and a break from technology, she manages to persuade Daisy to take a trip to a digital detox centre in a quiet village in Cumbria.

No social media, no internet, no signal... and after Rosie sends their phones down an old well Daisy worries how she will cope without being able to swipe to her hearts content, knowing nothing of the outside world and that the Tupperware box the phones are in might leak!

It was nice to see the relationship between Daisy and Rosie, knowing that they were never very close when they were young, I liked that you see them bond and help each other out. 

I love that Daisy went back to basics and started putting pen to paper instead of updating her Twitter page, sending letters to Erica to keep her updated on the digital detox life and the two hot men in the village..

That's right no little village in the middle of nowhere is complete without not one but two hot men nearby! Enter Alexis, a French exchange and Jack the hot guy from next door!

Hands down Jack is my favourite character, he is gorgeous, kind, genuine, funny and the fact that he writes letters to her just pushed him straight to the front of the queue for most 'loveable fictional male' and believe me the queue is massive!!

The last few chapters had me guessing so I ended up reading until gone 1am just to find out what happened, I LOVE when books do that. I really liked the way this book ended, it was perfect how everything came together and it left me smiling.

I cannot wait for another book from Anna Bell!




No comments:

Post a Comment