Thursday 7 December 2017

Book Review: Evie's Year of Taking Chances by Christie Barlow




Synopsis:
Evie’s job has always been her safe haven. As a librarian in the little town of Becton she loses herself in books - after all it’s far easier to read about other people’s problems than set about solving her own.

Then, one birthday, everything is turned upside down. A mysterious parcel containing a beautiful book with a poignant inscription arrives for Evie. It’s the beginning of a new chapter for Evie and she’s inspired to try and find her real mother. 
Evie’s search leads her to meet handsome author Noah Jones. Charming and intelligent, Noah seems the perfect catch but what Evie doesn’t realise is that he is hiding something – a key to Evie’s past. 
As Evie gets closer to Noah and discovering her mother, she must take a giant leap of faith. Can she embrace the new and make this her year of taking chances? And if she does, will she get her heart broken? 


My Review:
Wow! This book is one big roller-coaster of emotions! We meet Evie, who works in the local library (my dream job!!) She is also part of a book club, the book club takes place in the local café where they have tea and cake (what is not to love?!)

It's Evie's Birthday and the day always makes her think of her biological mother and her childhood. On her Birthday Evie decides it's time to make a start in searching for her real mother. I really felt for Evie when she was awaiting contact on the search and when she finally got to meet her mother, I just love the twists throughout.


I really liked all the characters in the book, Evie's best friend Clara who moves in with her and has a wardrobe to die for! Aiden a newbie who is working at the library and Irene who is Evie's adoptive mother. Even the other characters who played small but important parts to the story, I felt I got to know them so well and by the end I felt part of the gang!

This book kept me guessing right until the very end which I love, so many things happen at the beginning which you don't find out until the very end of the book causing me to have so many 'OMG' moments making me rush through the book just wanting to find out all the answers. 

Lastly.. Noah... Oh Noah... What's not to love?! I love that Evie takes a chance and you get to see their relationship blossom. Evie is such a lovely character you want nothing but good things to happen for her.

I really enjoyed the ending, so much so that I had a big smile on my face when I turned the last page. Definitely a must read!!



No comments:

Post a Comment