Saturday 16 December 2017

Book Review: I Heart Forever by Lindsey Kelk




Synopsis:
Winter in Manhatten... and someone's keeping a secret. The day her husband Alex picks up a backpack and goes travelling, Angela Clark promises to stay out of trouble and keep both Louboutins on the ground. So when her best friend’s boyfriend confides in her, it can’t hurt to help him pick out a ring at Tiffany’s surely? And when her fashion magazine announces major changes, being terminally late and winking at your new boss in the lift isn’t that bad, is it? Then suddenly there’s another big secret Angela’s got to keep – and the man she loves is still thousands of miles away. As the wedding of the year looms, and Manhattan switches on its Christmas lights, Angela is going to need her friends by her side as her old life looks set to change forever.


My Review!
I have been hooked on the 'I Heart' series ever since I read the first book (I Heart New York) I was so looking forward to this one coming out and it did not disappoint, I managed to keep it for my holiday and as soon as I stepped on the plane, the book was open! 

This is book 7 in the 'I Heart' series, the books follow Angela Clark, an English woman who after finding out her boyfriend was cheating on her decided to leave the UK and her old life on the next flight out which happened to be New York. If you haven't read any in this series I recommend you doing this ASAP! I always look forward to and enjoy a new book in this series, I have become to care about each character and when a new book is out I feel like I am catching up with old friends. Lindsey Kelk's clever writing always has me laughing out loud (this one was no different!)

The book throws you straight in, Alex is about to leave to go travelling through Asia and it's their last night together (Love Alex!) sad to say his not featured much in the book, I love their relationship although the communication (or lack of) between them can sometimes get frustrating and all I want to do is step into the pages and knock their heads together!

Having less Alex however meant more time for us to read about the friendship between Angela and Jenny and the situation's they get themselves into. We first meet 'Mason' (Jenny's boyfriend) in Lindsey's Novella 'Jenny Lopez Saves Christmas'. Angela helps Mason to choose an engagement ring (squeal!!) and what better place in New York than Tiffany's! 

So many things are going on in Angela's life in work and personal but I wont say anything more otherwise I will need to attach a spoiler alert to this post! To top it off it's nearly Christmas and we all know it's Angela's favourite time of year.

I read this pretty quick and I was gutted when it came to an end however I believe Angela and the gang will be returning and I am looking forward to hearing what happens next with them all! This is a total must read!



No comments:

Post a Comment