Friday 9 March 2018

Book Review: This Could Change Everything by Jill Mansell







Synopsis:
If only Essie hadn't written that letter - the one that went viral...

On the one hand, if Essie hadn't written that letter - the one that only her best friend was meant to see - then she'd still be living like an actual proper grown-up, tucked up with Paul in his picture-perfect cottage, maybe even planning their wedding...

On the other hand (if her true feelings hadn't accidently taken the internet by storm, that is) she wouldn't have moved into the attic flat on the square. She would never have met Conor. Or got to know Lucas.

And she wouldn't have found herself falling in love with someone she really, really shouldn't fall in love with...


My Review!
Stored away on my phone is a lit of ALL the books by Jill Mansell and I have made it my mission to read them all! I currently have 13 books waiting ever so patiently to be read and a part of me wants to rush through them all but a little part of me likes that I still have 13 brilliant books to be opened and 13 lots of fab characters who I will instantly love. 

Jill Mansell is back and she never disappoints! When I noticed her book was sitting at my local library waiting for someone to pick it up I raced down there and grabbed it! The only negative I have is that the book is hardback which can sometimes feel like a mini weight lifting session carrying it on my commute to work but the story is totally worth it. I love my kindle but sometimes you just need a proper book in your hands... am I right?!

Remember at Christmas time when your parents would send and receive 'round-robin' letters typically included in Christmas card's and posted around the world to family and friends. A letter where the owner details all the events and news for them and their nearest and dearest throughout the past year.

Essie and her friend Scarlett decide to create their own 'round-robin' and send one to each other, what could possibly go wrong?.. Well, a lot in Essie's case when the round-robin describing her mother in law as a dragon (whoops!) is sent out by mistake, going viral to her whole address book including her fiancée and mother in law, concluding to Essie loosing her fiancée, home and job!

So poor Essie, after her truthful (but funny) words were released into the world she found herself looking for a new home and job, here enters Zillah! Wow what a character truly glamorous, wise, thoughtful and kind. Zillah doesn't like to live alone after her husband sadly passed away so she rents out rooms in her house and decides to give Essie a break, letting her live in the attic flat for cheap rent in exchange for help with her grocery runs.. 

Here starts Essie on her new journey making new friends and maybe some love interests along the way! Essie soon discovers there is more to life than Sunday morning vacuuming session's with Paul!

I adored this book (like any other of Jill's) yes the storylines are sometimes predictable but I love the little twists and turns along the way and the happy endings which leave you turning the last page with a warm glow and a smile on your face.

Another brilliant read!




No comments:

Post a Comment